November 2nd 2002:
- The scans of the promotional Celebi e-Card have been added to the
e-Card Catalog, and I also updated a few details about this particular
- Two new promotional Pokémon e-Cards have just appeared, namely
Ho-oh, and a new version of Rapidash. They are available at the Pokémon
Center store in New York City, and lucky Nintendo Power subscribers will
also receive these two cards with the November issue of the magazine. Of
course, they have both been added to the e-Card Catalog, but it might
take a while until they are scanned... Why didn't I subscribe to Nintendo
Power when I had the chance? I can be so stupid sometimes... ;-)
- All the news items for October 2002 have been moved to the brand new
News Archive section, accessible from the sidebar. I also made a couple
of improvements to the e-Card Catalog: The pages should load a little
more quickly, and there's now a list of page links on the main page of the
- I added a new Q&A to the F.A.Q. section regarding e-Card scans.
If you would like to scan e-Cards for me, please read that particular item
in the F.A.Q. very carefully!
- As you may already know, October 28th was the official release date of
the first series of Animal Crossing e-Cards. Rest assured that I'll add
entries in the catalog for each one of those cards ASAP. Until then, the
Future Releases section will remain unchanged.
- EB Games indicates that
the release date for the second series of NES games has been set for November
11th 2002. I'm not sure if this is an official release date, but I'm keeping my
- Small closing note: I was supposed to add a new entry to Pixelboy's
Diary, but lack of free time has kept me from finishing it. I'll do my
best to finish it in time for the next site update.
November 7th 2002:
- Hey! This site's already celebrating its one-month anniversary! To
celebrate this memorable event, I added all the Animal Crossing-e Series
1 e-Cards to the e-Card Catalog, starting on page 17. You will
notice that none of them have any pictures, but I'll be working to fix that
over the next few weeks. You may also notice that I marked all the cards as
"common"; I am aware that some cards from that series are rarer than others,
but I haven't been able to determine which cards are the rare ones, since
Nintendo mixed the cards rather homogeneously among the packs so that it's
not too difficult to build most of the entire collection. Anyway, if you have
any information that will help me make these entries more accurate,
please contact me.
official e-Reader site has been updated. You will now find information on
all ten NES-e game, as well as info on the Animal Crossing-e series,
including a useful checklist in PDF format.
- I added the scans of the Rapidash and Ho-oh promotional e-Cards to the
e-Card Catalog. I actually found them packaged with the November 2002
issue of Nintendo Power sold on newsstands! I thought they were only given to
subscribers, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong! ;-) I also noticed
that there are two versions of these cards, one with the "Pokemon Center NY"
label, an one without, so I added them as separate entries in the e-Card
- The new entry to Pixelboy's Diary is up, and I put a lot of effort
into this one! Well, don't just stand there, go read it! :-)
- I contacted Wizards of the Coast
and they told me the next Pokémon-e series will be released in spring of
November 14th 2002:
- We're beginning to see the first glimpse of what Nintendo has in store
for us in 2003, as far as e-Reader products are concerned: Mario Party-e!
This will supposedly be a card game that uses the e-Reader as a support device.
Not much else is known about this card game, but you can see a scan of it
taken from a business catalog by clicking
here. (Thanks to Jason Hill for
the scan!) Certain web sites have already reported the news, such as
Planet Game Cube
- All the cards of the second series of NES games have been added to the
e-Card Catalog. No pictures yet, but that's only temporary, of course.
- I took the liberty of updating the rarity ratings for the Animal
Crossing-e cards. Keep in mind that those rating are based on my
observations only, and they might be slightly inaccurate.
- Also submitted to your approval are not one, but TWO entries in
Pixelboy's Diary! I hope you will find them to your liking.
- Please note that I'll be taking a break from working on this web site
until January 2003. The only work I will be doing will be to scan the
Animal Crossing-e and NES e-Cards, and adding these scans to the
e-Card Catalog. Of course, if anything news-worthy comes up, I'll
mention it on this news page. Otherwise, I'll be on vacation... sort of!
November 22nd 2002:
- I added the scans of 36 Animal Crossing-e cards in the e-Card
- The scans of the "Pokémon Center NY" version of the Rapidash and
Ho-oh promo e-Cards have also been added.
- Just in case you're interested, a new
Group devoted to the e-Reader was recently created. I didn't join the
group myself, and I don't plan on joining it anytime soon, but I promised I'd
mention it on this news page, so there, it's done. :-)
November 28th 2002:
- I added the scans of 26 Animal Crossing-e cards in the
e-Card Catalog. Only 4 to go!
- I know I said that I wouldn't work on the site until next January, but I
have news concerning that letter I sent to Activision recently. You can read
all about it in the latest entry of Pixelboy's Diary.